xorg.conf

ajtiM ajtim at wi.rr.com
Tue Aug 15 16:34:33 PDT 2006

Hi!

I have Arch Linux, kernel 2.6.17, Xorg  7.0, KDE 3.5.4.
My Xorg.conf looks (fonts):

Section "Files"
	RgbPath      "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/Type1"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/encodings"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/artwiz-fonts"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/TTF"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/speedo"
	FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/cyrillic"
EndSection

Section "Module"
  Load         "ddc"
  Load         "freetype"
  Load         "type1"
  Load         "bitmap"
  Load         "dbe"
  Load         "glx"
  Load         "extmod"
  Load         "dri"
  Load         "record"
EndSection

I use Dejavu TT Fonts but for example when I open www.debian.org site and on
the and are text with some asian caracters, Konqueror shows just squares. If
I change standard font to Sans Serif than works correct. Also there are a
problem with iso 8859-2 caracters in Amarok.

In Xorg.log I get:

Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/encodings, removing from
list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/speedo, removing from list!

And when I exit KDE I got:

FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/fonts/misc" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.

Tanks.