help building xorg-modular

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Aug 15 09:21:40 PDT 2006

> well i have the requirement that the target platform be nethence
> gnu/linux ;)
> i also dont mind doing stuff from inside nethence ( i got most things
> set up to the point where i only need x to get going) and i dont want to
> install a complete portgage or another packaging system.
> i tried around and i am absolutely sure that the hardcoded order in
> which dependencies are built is just wrong or that the script has a bug.
>
> what do you recomend doing?

I don't use Nethence myself.

Nethence uses pkgsrc. I maintain pkgsrc packages for modular xorg.

Some are already hosted my NetBSD's pkgsrc.

But most are a work in progress and available via pkgsrc-wip hosted at
sourceforge. I have done a lot of testing of them on Linux.

Please use pkgsrc and use cvs to retrieve the pkgsrc-wip. See
http://pkgsrc-wip.sourceforge.net/

First try the wip/modular-xorg-libs meta package.

I will be glad to help you via the pkgsrc-wip-discuss list or the
pkgsrc-users list.