Xorg7.1 Sources miss Files

Hannes Hauswedell hannes.hauswedell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 05:47:19 PDT 2006

Am Dienstag, 15. August 2006 08:55 schrieb Matthieu Herrb:
> Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> > As for fonttosfnt compatibility with current freetype, I have no
> > idea - maybe someone else on the list does, though I don't remember
> > seeing anyone ever file a bug about it.
>
> It has been fixed in git.

and i thought the whole thing about splitting x into modules, was to make
stuff easier to maintain... somehow it made it harder to use though...

what would really help would if you made a everything+dependencies directory
in addition to (or as replacement for) the everything directory right now.
because trying to get the right versions of all the deps is a real pain, also
the mess with mesa being required during build, while mesa itself requires
xorg during build could thus be fixed.
and build and install should really be split into two, like the new script on
the list does....

and then a menu-driven install ( text-based question+ answer  would be ok too)
to deselect drivers you dont need would be awesome (or even with
auto-fetching feature...) dream....

thank you very much!

p.s.: i manually installed older freetype,still didnt get it to compile (stops
at other points now) and gave up :(