Improving Xorg

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 04:27:56 PDT 2006

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Friday 30 June 2006 07:46, Barry Scott wrote:
>
>> I have fixed enough of build-from-tarballs.sh to make it work for me:
>> can do build if -b and install if -i, splits into two passes to allow
>> Mesa to
>> be built in the middle. I also knocked out all the modules I do not need
>> to get the build time down.
>>
>> Would this better build-from-tarballs.sh be for interest? I will need to
>> do a little bit more work to make it suitable for others to use. (add
>> usage, allow all modules to build).
>>

> Please.

Attached is the my version of build-from-tarballs.sh

New features are:
* updated usage with example
* split into two passes to allow Mesa to be built in the middle
    - first pass builds components that do not depend on an installed Mesa
    - build Mesa here using first pass X API
    - second pass builds components that do depend on an installed Mesa
* hook to call user patch script
* support install only run using -i and -b
    - first time build and install with -b -i
    - second time install into DESTDIR with -i
* fix support for .tar.gz kits

Barry