Announcing free software graphics drivers for Intel i965 chipset

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 17:53:27 PDT 2006

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 12:31:34 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:

> The Intel® 965 Express Chipset represents the first product family that
> implements fourth generation Intel graphics architecture.

Are any of these bad boys available yet in motherboards? Sorry to have to
ask here but there is a lot of conflicting information and just crap in a
Google search for "Intel G965". There are some web stores that claim to
have some in stock but it's not clear that they have the new graphics
cores on them.

I'm thinking about upgrading my desktop PC, that's why I ask.

Thanks,
Andrew