Announcing free software graphics drivers for Intel i965 chipset

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Aug 9 13:55:49 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 22:43 +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:

> Will the driver someday support some power management?

I'm not quite sure what this entails; the chip does a lot of power
management on its own in terms of shutting down functional units when
they're not busy. If there are more things to do, we'd love to see them
get done.

> Will be some docs available on the web page related to HW internals?

Not at this time. Of course I'm hoping this will be able to change at
some point.

keith.packard at intel.com