Announcing free software graphics drivers for Intel i965 chipset

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Wed Aug 9 13:52:51 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 22:03, Francesco Biscani wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 August 2006 21:31, Keith Packard wrote:
> > The Intel Open Source Technology Center graphics team is pleased to
> > announce the immediate availability of free software drivers for the
> > Intel® 965 Express Chipset family graphics controller. These drivers
> > include support for 2D and 3D graphics features for the newest generation
> > Intel graphics architecture. The project Web site is
> > http://IntelLinuxGraphics.org.
>
> Thanks, this sounds really good :)
>
> For my next laptop I will surely try to get my hands on a model equipped
> with an Intel graphic board.

Little offtopic - I wonder if this comparsion is true:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Grafic-Cards-update.130.0.html
since I'm looking for a linux/windows laptop for my wife (and she likes to
play games :) So far my choice is one with radeon card (like x600).

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team