SiliconMotion Lynx3D Lockup

Nathan Caldwell saintdev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 23:31:37 PDT 2006

Hi, I'm attempting to setup a dual-head box, and have run into a
problem. My second card is a LCD that I got from EarthLCD, and it uses
a Silicon Motion Lynx3D chipset. Whenever I try to startup X it
completely locks my box, and I have to do a hard-reset. The only
information I have seen in the log file is:

(II) Silicon Motioninitializing int10
(II) Attempted to read BIOS 64KB from
/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:02:07.0/rom: got 40KB

I've only gotten this once, most of the time the log file is truncated
before it even loads the int10 module for the Silicon Motion driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Nathan