server-$DISPLAY.xkm no longer written?

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Fri Aug 4 03:40:55 PDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 11:06:44AM +0300, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 09:44:29AM +0200, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> > I'm using xorg-server 1.1.99.3 and noticed that server-0.xkm is no
> > longer written. When trying to load a keyboard layout, which does
> > *not* exist I see
> >
> >   (EE) Error loading keymap /var/lib/xkb/compiled/server-0.xkm
> >
> > in the Xserver logfile although I did specify
> > '--with-xkb-output=/var/lib/xkb/compiled' for building the Xserver.
> > and /var/lib/xkb/compiled directory does exist. Anyone who can
> > reproduce this issue?
>
> Take a look at what xkbcomp's doing; if you pass --enable-debug, you
> might get a bunch of useful output.  You might not.

Thanks. This doesn't seem to be an option for xkbcomp. It's also not
an option for the Xserver. Using it as configure option for building
xkbcomp doesn't change anything. I didn't check yet if it changes
anything when using it as configure option for building the Xserver.

I'm not sure how the Xserver calls xkbcomp, when I'm doing e.g.
"setxkbmap de". So could give me a hint how I need to call xkbcomp
to reproduce this issue manually? Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany