non-rectangular nvidia

Marcus Sundman sundman at iki.fi
Wed Aug 2 13:24:49 PDT 2006

Hi,

I've searched the archives, the manuals and the web, but I can't find the
info I'm looking for. I'm using the nvidia driver and two monitors, A
(1600x1200 / 113x113 dpi) and B (1280x1024 / 97x97 dpi). I want them to be
like this:
+-----+
|  A  | NADA
+-----+-----+
  NADA |  B  |
       +-----+
I put option "TwinView" "True" and then I managed to construct a MetaModes
value like this:
"1600x1200 @1600x1200 +0+0,1280x1024 @1280x1024 +1600+1200"
and this seems to work great, except now it lets the pointer go outside
the viewports, i.e. to the areas marked "NADA" above. This makes lots of
things more difficult (edges, corners, Fitt's law, yadda yadda) and I even
lose track of where the pointer is.
(Other things, such as windows and popup menus, also go outside the
viewports occasionally, but maybe that's the applications' and/or window
manager's faults.)

So, how do I make the pointer stay inside the viewports' bounds?
Also, how can I specify the different DPIs of A and B?

Thanks!

- Marcus Sundman