More advanced power savings (rev. the DPMS extension).

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Aug 2 13:40:53 PDT 2006

> You know that:
> a. The screen isn't expected (and probably can't) display anything.
> b. Until a CRT is back to full brightness it will take a few tenth
>    of a second. You have enough time to turn the chip back on and
>    restore your framebuffer content.

Our backlight are LED's.  Our latencies will be limited to
resynchronization delays, not the length of time to get either a
conventional monitor or a florescent backlight lit again.  IFF the video
output can stabilize immediately, then the latency should be of order a
frame time, rather than tenths of a second.
                                   Regards,
                                         - Jim

--
Jim Gettys