"Mode not supported"

cckuo chechun_kuo at sis.com
Tue Aug 1 05:48:13 PDT 2006

If you use the XFree86, you can get a new config file by typing "XFree86
-configure" under your user's home directory.
If you use the Xorg, you can get a new config file by typing "Xorg
-configure" under your user's home directory.

If the EDID, a VESA standard used to describe your monitor's resolution,
works normally, you will see a brand new Monitor section in the new config
file, which may contain your monitor's manufacture's name and the proper
Hsync and Vsync value. Then copy that part to the config file you take to
activate your Xserver.
Sincerely Yours,
cckuo