Problem with DGA

James Wright james at jigsawdezign.com
Sat Apr 29 06:24:02 PDT 2006

Which version of the nVidia driver you have installed?

In the latest releases (>7676) I think they removed support for the DGA video but
left in the DGA input stuff, as apparently it conflicts with the way
they now manage video memory (linear mapping vs tiles i'm guessing???).

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64047&highlight=dga

Is it true DGA is planned for removal from X as in that post on nVidia forums,
didn't think that was a definite?

I actually kinda like DGA in a weird twisted way, so I haven't bothered upgrading my
closed source nVidia drivers from 7676 :-)

Thanks,
James