[SCM TRANSITION] Re: Proposal: move Randr protocol and library to git

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Tue Apr 18 10:28:48 PDT 2006

Donnie Berkholz writes:

 > Just modify the checkout/update script (do we have one yet?). The git
 > move adds a separate repository for each single component (each driver,
 > each library, etc), so it's already going to become unrealistic to do a
 > full checkout by hand.

Well, not by hand. But with the (appearantly little known) jhbuild
description files in util/modular this can very easily be automated.
However so far they only contain data for cvs downloads (at least
when I checked).
I (ab)used this information to automate the download and build of
the modules (and their dependencies) that I want to build in a makefile
that I've hacked up.
I may make this available once I'm reasonably satisfied.

Still this only addresses the one direction, ie the download.

Cheers,
	Egbert.