Xinerama with NV and i810

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 06:19:32 PDT 2006

On 4/13/06, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro at pedrocr.net> wrote:
> I have an integrated i915 board and an NV34 PCI board. I've gotten
> them both to work with the i810 and the nv driver. When I start X
> without Xinerama I get a server with two screens that show different
> things. If I start it with Xinerama I get one single screen but the
> two monitors show the same thing. I'm using X.org 6.8.2 in Ubuntu
> Breezy.

I think what is happening is that xinerama isn't loading since you
don't have an screen orientaion set up, and your desktop environment
is loading on both X servers.

> BTW, when not using Xinerama how do I get the mouse to change screens?

you need to set up a screen orientation in your the serverlayout
section of your xorg.conf, e.g.,
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	Screen	    1 "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"

Alex