ATI Radeon X600 (RV380): 3D acceleration

Peter Royle peteroyle at hitcity.com.au
Tue Apr 11 22:15:28 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have a 20" iMac G5 rev c (the iSight line) with an ATI Radeon X600
XT Pro (RV380). I'm just writing to ask if anyone knows of any
current development efforts to get accelerated 3D working for this
card under PPC64? I would like to follow the progress, and would also
like to help in whatever way I can (though I'm not very experienced
with C, device driver hacking or device reverse engineering which may
leave the options a tad limited).

Also, what is a good way to get experience in this sort of thing for
a complete noob? To give an idea of my background, I've done several
years of enterprise Java development and only a small amount of C in
my uni days.

Thanks,

Pete.