Screen saver problem

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at fi.muni.cz
Mon Apr 10 11:07:14 PDT 2006

Hello,

according to xset I have following properties:
Screen Saver:
  prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
  timeout:  600    cycle:  600
DPMS (Energy Star):
  Standby: 1200    Suspend: 1800    Off: 2400
  DPMS is Enabled
  Monitor is On

It works as expected. However, after resume from RAM, blanking stops to work.
It blanks after 600 seconds, but after another 600 seconds it unblanks and
display stays on. I put some drvMsg into SaveScreen and PowerManagement
functions of my driver, according to it, SaveScreen is called after 600 seconds
to blank and after another 600 seconds to unblank and stays unblanked. I think
this is a bug in Xorg code.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek