allow_large_textures - in what version of xorg-x11-drv-ati?

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Mon Apr 10 09:54:50 PDT 2006

Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 17:21 +0200, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>> I'm running xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.6.0-1 from fedora core development.
>>
>> In what version of the driver is the allow_large_textures setting
>> available?  I can't see it in driconf with that driver version.
>
> The X driver doesn't matter; the 3D driver from Mesa does. IIRC this
> option was introduced in 6.4 or 6.5.
6.5 only (or cvs newer than 3rd feb 2006), since it's not really a
bugfix it's not in the 6.4 branch. And, you didn't mention what chip you
have, the setting is only available (if you're talking about ati chips)
for radeon and r200 (r300 will always announce the max possible anyway,
and I'm not sure it's useful for r128 and mach64).

Roland