video playback problems with xgl

sinee kac sineek at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 14:08:12 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have a nvidia 6600 go graphics card, with the newest drivers (
x86-1.0-8756 ), running fedora core 5. I managed to compile the xserver with
xgl support, compiz and everything else to make it run.
I run the xgl server with the LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libGL.so /opt/Xgl/bin/Xgl
:1 -ac -accel glx:pbuffer -accel xv command (a friend of mine links the
LD_PRELOAD to /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so but he also has the same problem) and
compiz with DISPLAY=:1 /opt/Xgl/bin/compiz gconf.
Everything runs fine, except that any video playback other than x11 crashes
the xgl server. On the kororaa xgl live cd, video worked just fine.
Is there any special way to make it work ? Do I need some specific packages
from the CVS ?
Hope someone can give me some pointers or an answer.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Luka