[ADMIN] xorg.fd.o moved to annarchy

Alexander Shopov ash at contact.bg
Thu Apr 6 11:00:29 PDT 2006

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Arcade_(comic)#Minor_characters

You know, there is something *totally* wrapped when you get info like
this in an encyclopedia, when there is even a self-referential picture
of wikipedia in Penny Arcade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Penny_Arcade_comic-20051216h.jpg

I mean - take a look at the X Window System reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window

Why the new wiki - Annarchy, Daniel? Scrap it, go for the jugular -
everything should go straight in Wikipedia.

We can get more documentation people by just pushing man pages straight
in wiki.

And why oh why, is there a source control system for the source? We will
just push the source in wiki, then with a wiki postprocessor generate
the normal content for the C preprocessor. Modular<->monolithic tree
would be just reordering of page references.

No longer only few knowledgeable people would have rights to commit. It
would be oh-so much more democratic for every one to be able to get
quick fixes. (yep, quick fixes I said, some of us are addicted).

"My source compiles, so it must be right" is so very yesterday. It be
"My source formats, so it must be right". With the sophistication of
syntax highlighting, there could be no reasonable way I would not be right.

I would even expect all discussions here in the mailing list to end up
nicely formatted and annotated in Wikipedia. So long the digest mode.

Just take a look at the timeline of X Window releases! Boy, I wonder why
developers even bother writing commit messages! There's always someone
to write it commit-for-commit in Wikipedia.

Just my random thoughtless thoughts.

Kind regards:
al_shopov