Test git import of X server CVS

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Apr 1 21:56:21 PST 2006

My new cvs->git conversion tool is fully armed and operational.

I've created a test git repository containing X server bits from today
for people to review.

	git-clone git://git.freedesktop.org/~keithp/xserver-test

will give you a local copy of the beast. At 16MB, it's about 5 times
smaller than the CVS repository.

You can also browse the repository through gitweb:

   http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users-keithp-xserver-test;a=summary

Everything about the import is straightforward with the exception of
branch point detection; CVS files don't tell you when a branch is
created, only when commits are placed on that branch. As a result, it's
hard to reconcile differences in branch locations among multiple files.
So, checks on branch locations are particularily interesting to me. I
think it's getting the right answers for the xserver tree.

keith.packard at intel.com