intel chipset support

Donald Harter harterc1 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 1 07:53:56 PST 2006

I have been planning to upgrade my motherboard and looking at boards
using the below chipset.
http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/gma950/index.htm

It seems that Intel has provided drivers which are not proprietary yet
they are not included in the latest X.org distributions.   There are
comments on the intel site saying that these are provided for developers
to include in their distributions.  So why isn't it included in the i810
driver?

It seems that the persons who settled the microsoft antitrust case really goofed.
They should have required that any "propretery" documents provided to microsoft employees to enable them to write device drivers, shoud be made available to linux device driver writers also.