radeon driver: checkpoint

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Sat Apr 1 05:56:55 PST 2006

Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb at laas.fr> writes:

> 2. I installed Linux on a disk for this machine in order to be able to run
> radeontool and get register dumps. The behaviour is the same as under OpenBSD:
> mergedfb works well with the current ati-1-0-branch driver, but no signal on
> 2nd head with the traditional 2-screen mode.
> X.Org 6.8.2 works in this mode (but mergedfb displays garbage).
>
> I've attached register dumps.

I see exactly the same problem in 2-screen-mode. Would it be helpful if I ran
this register dump program too? I don't have a working 6.8.2 install to
compare it to though.

Also a question: is there any hope of working GLX in 2-screen-mode in the
future? Or are there fundamental problems that make that unlikely?

--
greg