i855/6.8.2/1280x768/swsusp1 - can't restore mode after hibernate

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 27 13:36:53 PDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 05:12:56PM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > Those linux laptop people who name everything after breeds of Penguins
> > *sell this laptop with Linux*; I'm reasonably certain that a) they
> > wouldn't tolerate this and therefore that b) it acn be solved.
>
> Jay,
>
> Download my test driver from http://www.fairlite.demon.co.uk/intel.html
>
> and add this to your Device Section
>
> 	Option "ForceBIOS" "1024x768=1280x768"
>
> and things should just work. Let me know if something goes wrong.

That will work with the RPM binary distribution of the server, as
installed?  Is that the only change I need to make?  I should leave
everything else as 1280x768 in the conf file?

[ actually tries it ]

Seems to work just fine, at least on this laptop.  Lots of people seem
to need this; publicize it.  A lot.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"NPR has a lot in common with Nascar... we both turn to the left."
		- Peter Sagal, on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!