getconfig suggestions

Mr E_T troll at arach.net.au
Tue Sep 27 01:47:07 PDT 2005

I have noticed that when getconfig is used the rest of the conf file comes from default values.

This is causing some problems as the default values dont work on all systems.

Would it be better to have a getconfig keyword in the conf file to set up the devices
and leave the rest of the file in the hands of the sysadmin.

It would also be nice if I could say set a value in another section depending on which card
has been found ( such as ModulePath )

or a set of files in the /etc/X11/getconfig dir for each section of the conf file so that
custom options can be set.

This would also allow for other options such as -
 Section "FILES" ModulePath "tcp/..."
or
 Section "??" Option "" "" ...

in the xorg.cfg file.