exa broke xaa pixmap cache?

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Thu Sep 22 07:00:12 PDT 2005

I've some issues when using good old xaa with the current radeon driver.
After starting a 3d app, the background image gets broken. This only
seems to happen when there isn't a lot of video memory available (I only
noticed it because I've reduced the amount of pixmap cache the X server
reserves but it happens with the "standard" code as well, if I reduce
the memory of my card to 32MB instead of 64MB, which will cause it to
allocate less than the default 5*framebuffer size). It's actually not
100% broken, the background image on the desktop gets moved up by about
30%, the upper 70% otherwise correct but the bottom 30% (e.g. the part
which normally would be at the top) shows obvious tiling artifacts.

Not sure though if it was actually the exa patch causing this (it worked
previously with a 2 week old build).

Roland