Dual head with different resolutions, MGA G500

Simo Kauppi swk at nic.fi
Wed Sep 21 04:16:39 PDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 12:25:37PM +0300, Daniil V. Kolpakov wrote:
> ? ????????? ?? Wednesday 21 September 2005 11:31 Simo Kauppi ???????(a):
> > Now the only problem is that the projector becomes the primary screen,
> > i.e. login/logout needs to happen in that screen. Is there any way to
> > switch the heads so that the display connected to the analog connector
> > is the primary screen for X?
>
> If you're talking about which screen is left and which is right in the
> xinerama desktop, you can swap them in the ServerLayout section, I think.

No, I don't think that is what I mean (not sure though). I mean when I
use e.g. GDM, the login screen shows up only in one head, in my case the
projector. I would like to swap the heads so that my LCD is the primary
screen and shows the login screen.

I don't use Xinerama, as I like to have two independent screens.

This is my ServerLayout:

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier	"Dual"
	Screen		"Projector_Screen" Below "LCD_Screen"
	Screen		"LCD_Screen" 0 0
	InputDevice	"Generic_Keyboard"
	InputDevice	"Configured_Mouse"
EndSection