Dual head with different resolutions, MGA G500

Simo Kauppi swk at nic.fi
Wed Sep 21 01:31:48 PDT 2005

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 02:52:20AM +0300, Daniil V. Kolpakov wrote:
> ? ????????? ?? Saturday 17 September 2005 14:26 Simo Kauppi ???????(a):
> > I think my problem is the fact that I use an LCD-display with DVI as the
> > first head. I've tried the same display with analog interface (connected
> > to the DVI with an adapter) but then it seems that it does not wake up at
> > all in the boot.
>
> I use analog outputs for both head; yes, one head doesn't wake up on boot, but
> so what. In the text console both heads show the same picture anyway :)
>
> --
> /dev/brains: permission denied

Of course, thanks for waking _me_ up :)

I got confused because my first head is the LCD and the second head is
the projector, which is behind my back. Obviously I use the LCD for my
daily work and use the projector when I need to look something in the
big screen. Swithing the cables the other way gives me a working
configuration.

Now the only problem is that the projector becomes the primary screen,
i.e. login/logout needs to happen in that screen. Is there any way to
switch the heads so that the display connected to the analog connector
is the primary screen for X?

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature