absolute coordinate mouse support

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at hp.com
Tue Sep 20 10:52:54 PDT 2005

Hi,

   I'm trying to determine how best to support a generic USB absolute
coordinate mouse.  Under Linux, it's easy to tweak the mousedev driver
to claim this and get it sending translated relative coordinate data
to /dev/input/mice.  The problem is that things get out of sync when the
default pointer acceleration in xorg comes into play.  This can be fixed
with xset, but is there a better way I should be presenting this mouse?
Conceptually it seems like xorg should treat it like a touchscreen, but
I don't know of a "generic" touchscreen interface that I can provide.
Any suggestions?  Thanks,

	Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab