State of Linux graphics

Daniil V. Kolpakov dan at solutions.lv
Mon Sep 19 16:15:45 PDT 2005

В сообщении от Tuesday 30 August 2005 19:03 Jon Smirl написал(a):
> I've written an article that surveys the current State of Linux
> graphics and proposes a possible path forward. This is a long article
> containing a lot of detailed technical information as a guide to
> future developers. Skip over the detailed parts if they aren't
> relevant to your area of work.
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/~jonsmirl/graphics.html

Nice article.

The main pain is closeness of the specs of the modern videocards, IMHO. It's
like killing the future of linux and similar OSes. I have to use videocard on
a very old chip (Matrox G550), just because anything newer doesn't have open
full-blown sourced drivers (and G550 driver isn't fullblown, but at least
there's some room for improvement which is possible, I mean mergedfb
dualhead).

--
/dev/brains: permission denied