xorg 6.8.2 won't compile

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Thu Sep 15 17:35:48 PDT 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 15.09.2005, 17:35 -0400 schrieb David Charles Todd:
> Felix Kühling wrote:
>
> >The problem is the custom host.def file you're using. It won't build all
> >of Xorg but rely on stuff that is installed on your system. If you want
> >to use this host.def instead of a default build you need to install the
> >appropriate X development packages for your distro.
> >
> >Regards,
> >  Felix
> >

> Okay, this make sense. Is there a sample host.def that allows one to
> buil just the server, without relying on external things?

I'm not sure if you can have both. In the host.def file you were using
before you could try playing with the Build... options. YMMV.

> My goal here is really simple: I want OpenGL acceleration to work on my
> Mach64 equipped laptop (Rage Mobility). That's it.

What about a binary snapshot then?
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d228ffb87b76

> My distribution is that which ships with SuSE 9.3 X.org 6.8.2. It's hard
> to tell from the instrauctions just what I really need.
>

> But it seems like there are pitfalls at every turn. For instance, the
> DRI build page says to do
>
> ./autogen.sh
>
>  to start the build of libdrm. However, it fails because there is no
> aclocal file in the directory.

Autoconf is relatively new in our build process and I'm not very
familiar with it myself. It works for me. Be sure that you are using
automake 1.7 or newer.

> I ran "cvs update" to be sure, but nothing showed up. How can this work
> for anyone?

These build instructions are mainly for new developers. We don't expect
users to go through that complicated build process. That's what the
snapshots are for.

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |