Xv, radeon-exa-16.diff and some observations

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Mon Sep 12 13:16:39 PDT 2005

I have tested the Xorg tree from last night right after the radeon EXA
patch went in and things are working ok so far on my 9500pro card.
The EXA enabled driver version seems to be slower though than the one in
6.8.2. What is the best way to benchmark this? Scrolling in Firefox for
example is visibly slower and more "jerky" than in the 6.8.2 release which
surprised me a bit (The logfile says that the driver is "Using EXA
acceleration architecture").

Regards,
   Dennis