xkb building problem in the modular tree

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon Sep 12 13:04:54 PDT 2005

Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes wrote:
>
>> I saw that XkbBinDirectory is declared in xkbInit.c an initialized with
>> XKB_BIN_DIRECTORY. The XkbBinDirectory in ddxLoad.c:246 annd
>> ddxLoad.c:345 must be substituted by XKB_BIN_DIRECTORY?
>

> You need to upgrade your proto/KB. krh helped me with the same answer a
> couple of days ago.

I did look into fixing this without requiring an proto/KB update.  The
problem is that XKBsrv.h is included in the proto module and installed
under /usr/include/X11/extenstions/XKBsrv.h, when it is actually a
server internal header file.  It should be moved to xserver/xorg/include
and not installed, but that would break the monolithic build, so I'd
rather wait for 7.1 for this.

Kristian