Mesa 6.3.1 merge

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Mon Sep 12 12:42:47 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 11:54 -0400, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 11:04 -0400, Joe Krahn wrote:
> > Mike A. Harris wrote:
> > > Brian Paul wrote:
> > >  >> Freeglut is pretty broken.  I'd prefer not to lose glut from the
> > >  >> standard mesa builds.
> > >  >
> > >  >
> > >  > Like Keith said, freeglut isn't quite up to the level that the original
> > >  > GLUT is, so I'm not going to dump it just yet.
> > >
> > > That's fair enough.  We've been shipping freeglut for several OS
> > > releases now, and I think I've only gotten 1 or two bug reports.
> > > That isn't indicative of its reliabiltiy/stability though.  People
> > > could be filing reports upstream instead of in our bugzilla (which
> > > is much preferred anyway), or they could just silently be downloading
> > > GLUT and replacing our supplied freeglut with it perhaps. ;)
> > >

> > The primary deficiencies of FreeGLUT that I know of are feature related,
> > not bugs.
>
> So can it actually go fullscreen now?

Hi,
yap Michel you resolve one mystery for me,

I use test DRI and GLUT with foobillard http://foobillard.sunsite.dk/
if we install foobillard to use GLUT, with
./configure --enable-nvidia=no --enable-glut

To test this, I just need swaping freeglut-2.2.0 binaries with GLUT
binaries and run ldconfig.
With GLUT we have foobillard with a complete fullscreen and with
freeglut "kde Panel menu" doesn't disappears on fullscreen.
This was a big mystery for me, why foobillard has stop to make a
complete fullscreen and the solution was because I had use freeglut.

So I prefer GLUT from Mesa, if this is a problem of licensing why don't
ask to Mark Kilgard to release this under one license that you like, is
license is quit simple and don't see what is the problem but I am not
aware what is required.

Mesa-6.3.2/include/GL/glut.h
/* Copyright (c) Mark J. Kilgard, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998. */

/* This program is freely distributable without licensing fees  and is
   provided without guarantee or warrantee expressed or  implied. This
   program is -not- in the public domain. */

thanks,
--
Sérgio M.B.