modular build issues (savage and xkb)

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Sun Sep 11 11:17:48 PDT 2005

Am Samstag, den 10.09.2005, 16:00 +0300 schrieb Georgi Hristov:
> Hi,
>
> >The first time I did this, sudo timed out and asked for a password
> >again. But I had redirected output to a file, so I just thought it had
> >finished. Make sure that your build actually completed and that you have
> >all the drivers in /opt/x11/lib/xorg/modules/... You should also
> >add /opt/x11/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig after installing
> >Xorg.
> >

> I didn't redirect the output, so the build regularly asked for my
> password and this can't be the problem. I also have the savage driver in
> the correct location, /opt/x11/lib is in ld.so.conf, and /opt/x11/bin is
> the first in my $PATH variable.

Ok. Sounds like you know what you're doing. I was just checking. ;-)

> >Which X version are you upgrading from? If it's Xorg 6.8 or older (or
> >any XFree86 version) it may be 3D back and depth buffers hogging memory
> >that used to be available for XVideo. It would help to see a log file.
> >

> I'm sending the Xorg.0.log file, tell me if anything else could be useful.
> I did "upgrade" from 6.8.1.99, but it was in /usr/X11R6 and I have
> ranamed this directory so I don't believe anything from it is in the way.

Your previous Xorg version did not have DRI-support for Savage. But your
log indicates that you don't have DRI enabled, so this can't be the
problem. I can't find any hint in your log as to why Xvideo isn't
working. What do "xdpyinfo" and "xvinfo" say?

> And to the point about VT switching - I've built cvs version from 7.Sep,
> so the patch in libX11 must be there already, and yet it doesn't work
> for me.
> Neither is the xkb switching.

Try Donnie Berkholz' suggestions for these issues. He only replied to
the list. Are you subscribed?

> regards,
> georgi

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |