xorg-x11-6.9rc0+cvs rpm packages

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Fri Sep 9 13:57:10 PDT 2005

Well, that's handy.

I had been looking to do something similar...  But I'm not an RPM guru.

I'd like to pull down the X sources, DRM, and Mesa trees, apply a
certain set of patches (mostly the NeedToLinkMesaSrc fix that hasn't
yet made its way into CVS, support for some PCI-ids that aren't
yet in, and a canned host.def file)... and build a server (and
relevant modules) only.

The applications, fonts, and docs don't need to be packaged... just the
server, drivers, and extensions/modules.

Anyone have an RPM that I can use as a starting point for this?

And without intending to start a religious war, I'll ask a naive (but
possibly charged question)...  Why not have xc/extras/rpm/ with a
bunch of RPM .spec files included in the release?

-Philip