Question about 64-bit code safety

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 22:40:48 PDT 2005

> and noted two things...  (1) it varies from what's in the X.org CVS tree,
> and (2) it ignores the value of __WORDSIZE...
>
> Should it instead read:
>
> #if defined(__linux__) && (__WORDSIZE==32)
>
> instead?  Or am I missing something?

The DRM needs to be imported into the X.org tree, it hasn't been yet,
I'm unsure of the exact procedure I think we wait until 7.0rc1 is
ready to go perhaps? Mesa also needs to be imported with the 32/64 bit
fixes.. I've no idea what FreeBSD does , hence didn't touch their code
(I've little enough clue how Linux does it, people with a clue sent me
patches.. :-)...

So yes a handle is now 32-bits on Linux no matter what we run it on..

Dave.