Matching drm versions

James Cloos cloos+pdx-xorg at jhcloos.com
Fri Sep 2 18:05:21 PDT 2005

I’m currently running 6.8.99.15 compiled via Gentoo’s ebuild.

Direct rendering has been failing for a while; it seems from the
stderr below that the drm version in my kernel (currently 2.6.13
plus several more git commits) is ahead of the server:

,----glxinfo stderr with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose----
| libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 5.0.1 radeon (screen 0)
| libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/modules/dri/radeon_dri.so
| drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:01:00.0
| drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
| drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
| drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 4
| drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:01:00.0
| libGL error: Radeon DRI driver expected DDX version 4.0.x but got version 5.0.1
| libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
| libGL error: InitDriver failed
| libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
`--------

Am I reading that right?  Or is it just one X module ahead of another?

What needs to be updated to get to DDX 5.0.x throughout?

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com>