State of Linux graphics

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Thu Sep 1 13:18:27 PDT 2005

Not at all.

We're pursuing two courses of action right now, that are not mutually
exclusive.

Jon Smirl's argument is that we can satisfy both needs simultaneously
with a GL only strategy, and that doing two is counter productive,
primarily on available resource grounds.

My point is that I don't think the case has (yet) been made to put all
eggs into that one basket, and that some of the arguments presented for
that course of action don't hold together.

			- Jim