RESOLVED: Cannot get 75hz on TFT monitor (via DVI)

Erik Ahlner whyz at home.se
Mon Oct 31 12:31:31 PST 2005

Hi everyone!

/me is a happy panda now

Sorry for accusing xorg to have a bug; it seems like the nvidia drivers
could need some more documentation.

I desperately searched for the word DVI in the nvidia readme, and found
an option called
Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "boolean":
/Forces the initialization of the X server with the exact timings
    specified in the ModeLine. Default: For DVI devices, the X server
    inilializes with the closest mode in the EDID list.
/
I didnt think this would matter, as 75hz would be the closest mode imho.
Anyway, with this turned on, i got my precious 75hz after all. :)

Thanks for your help all!

cheers,
Erik Ahlner