click-to-focus breaks (on blackbox) when low memory

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Oct 29 09:09:56 PDT 2005

A few times, my click-to-focus in blackbox window manager stops working.
It appears to happen when I get to low memory (other software using up
memory).

I can change to different window by clicking on title-bar or on handles.
The blackbox configuration menu still shows a checkmark for Click to
Focus. I can't click on middle of window to change to new window. Sloppy
Focus works, but going back to Click to Focus still does not work.

Restarting blackbox window manager does not help, so I assume the problem
is not in blackbox.

(Also, my blackbox runs as non-root and my limits should prevent it from
not having enough memory. My Xorg can run out of memory.)

I am running blackbox-0.70.0 release candidate with Xorg 6.8.2 on
NetBSD/i386 2.0.2.

Any ideas?

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services