linuxwacom and modular x

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Sat Oct 22 14:49:26 PDT 2005

Hanno Böck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> According to the wiki, the linuxwacom-driver should be developed as a separate
> package beside the modular x tree.
>
> The current release of the linuxwacom-driver needs the xorg sdk installed. I
> don't know how this can be done in the modular tree (Gentoo Linux).

Might want to have a look at the xorg-x11 and linuxwacom packages in
Fedora Core 4 for an example of how to build external drivers against
the packaged Xorg sdk.  Gentoo probably has a similar way of doing this.

> Did anyone successfully build the linuxwacom-driver with the modular x?

I haven't attempted it personally, but theoretically, it should compile
against the modular sdk the same way it compiles against the monolithic
sdk.  The modular sdk has some ease-of-use due to using pkgconfig, but
that isn't mandatory or anything.

We haven't yet updated our linuxwacom package in Fedora to build against
the modular sdk, but it shoudn't take more than 2 minutes when we get
around to it.  ;o)

HTH