Xorg and Cuecat problems

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Wed Oct 19 10:54:23 PDT 2005

I hope someone on this list can offer a suggestion.

I have been trying for some time to get my PS/2 Cuecat device to work
with Linux and X. Just last night I was able to determine that the
problem seems to be with X and not with Linux. If I scan in an Xterm
window or within my X app (Readerware) I get a bunch of beeps and
sometimes a line feed. If I scan in a VT I get good output from the
Cuecat. Today, I installed an old dist of RH with XFree86-3.3.6 just for
testing and the Cuecat does scan under the older version of X. Has
anyone been able to get the Cuecat devices to work under the current X?
Is there some setting I can put in xorg.conf to allow the input from the
Cuecat device?

I'm running Kubuntu 5.04, kernel 2.6.10 with Xorg 6.8.2. My xorg.conf is
attached.

Thanks for any help.

Rick Knight