mga latest driver source

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Oct 18 10:54:13 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 06:57, Dave Airlie wrote:
> I've just noticed MGA driver 4.2.0 is available from the Matrox website...

That driver is non-free software.  From their clickthrough license:

"1. No right to recopy, sell, distribute, license, sub-license, alter, modify,
disassemble, de-compile or reverse engineer any driver in any manner
whatsoever is hereby given.  Violation may result in severe civil and/or
criminal penalties as violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent
possible;" [...]

I opened bug #1904 about this nearly a year ago, and emailed legal at matrox.com
multiple times.  I have received no response.  Perhaps someone with more
legal and personal skills than myself should take it up with them.

- ajax