xorg 6.8 broken dual-head in radeon RV350

Phil Dibowitz phil at ipom.com
Sun Oct 16 23:59:01 PDT 2005

Alex Deucher wrote:
>>I seem to have similar problems on a Radeon 7500 running under Mandriva 2006
>>(xorg 6.9 recent cvs)...can only get an internal laptop LCD recognized, no
>>luck with an external monitor.  I'm was wondering whether it was my config
>>file.
>>Might have to roll back to xorg 6.7.  Any idea how/when this might be fixed?
>>Paul
>

> try adding:
> Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, CRT"
> to your device section.

Erm - which device section - both? I have two as follows:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Card0"
        Driver          "radeon"
        VendorName      "ATI Technologies, Inc."
        BoardName       "RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10]"
        Screen          0
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Card1"
        Driver          "radeon"
        VendorName      "ATI Technologies, Inc."
        BoardName       "RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10]"
        Screen          1
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

I'll give it a shot when I get to the office in the morning.

Phil Dibowitz                             phil at ipom.com
Freeware and Technical Pages              Insanity Palace of Metallica

matter and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Suess