xorg 6.8 broken dual-head in radeon RV350

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 03:27:47 PDT 2005

> Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > So it turns out that the 6.8 branch seems to have broken the ability to
> > use the dual-headed capability of the ATI Technologies Inc RV350
> > [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10] card.
> >
> > In particular while having trouble making this work, I found this:
> >
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2005-January/005613.htm
> >

> > I'm using Xorg 6.8.2 in Debian unstable - not sure what the other people
> > I pointed to are running.
> >

> > I suspect it's perfectly likely no one ever reported this to the
> > developers, so I thought I'd send an email and see if it was a bug, or a
> > new config that needs to be there, or what.
> >
> > Thanks,

I seem to have similar problems on a Radeon 7500 running under Mandriva 2006
(xorg 6.9 recent cvs)...can only get an internal laptop LCD recognized, no
luck with an external monitor.  I'm was wondering whether it was my config
file.
Might have to roll back to xorg 6.7.  Any idea how/when this might be fixed?
Paul