Poor graphic performance on java apps

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Tue Oct 11 06:08:18 PDT 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:22:27 +0200 Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy at gmail.com>
babbled:

> Hi again,
>
> > i'll bet it is - but i bet they also don't care :) it COULD be significantly
> > better than it is. from what i've read (i AM extrapolating though). speaking
> > from the view of someone whose life with x for the last decade has been
> > spent tryng to make more optimised x clients than what exists... :) i've
> > made a tonne of mistakes - LOTS and LOTS of them. i have learnt from them :)
>
> However they at leat opened a RFE for using render I suggested some
> months ago ... slthough not much seems to have happend since then ;-)
>
> However everyone who's interrested in java's performance on X may vote
> for this, since it definitivly will improve it especially when EXA is
> in place.
> Just sign up for an account and click vote for this bug ;-)

well improve - that depends on your POV. :) so far in very limited
circumstances does it improve. you do lose on rendering quality atm and there
are artifacvts that do need clearing up - mind u - it has massively uimproved
on the radeon drivers with exa, but it was flakey getting it up and going. x
memory mamagment and sharing video ram with dri are a big issue here as is
general driver support for multiple chipsets. but in the very long run xrender
is a good bet. it has polishing left.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com
裸好多                              raster at deephackmode.org
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)