CVS Update: xc (branch: trunk)

Thomas Winischhofer thomas at winischhofer.net
Fri Oct 7 16:16:05 PDT 2005

Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 14:04 -0700, Aaron Plattner wrote:
>
>>Aaron Plattner wrote:
>>
>>>=====================
>>>This message appears to be from an NVIDIA.COM e-mail address, yet did not originate from an NVIDIA server.
>>>Please be cautious of any attachments or links in this message.
>>>Thank you, NVIDIA IT Team.
>>>=====================

>>>Alan,
>>>
>>>This change breaks the rotation support for the nv driver that I was about to check in.
>>>http://people.freedesktop.org/~aplattner/nv-randr-1.patch.  If the cursor's in the
>>>lower-right corner of the screen, an "xrandr -o left" leaves the viewport panned partway
>>>off the root window.  I think you need to compare against scrp->virtualX and
>>>scrp->virtualY instead of size->width and size->height.
>>>
>>>-- Aaron
>>
>>Er, I meant pScreen->width and pScreen->height, rather than srcp->virtual[XY], as the
>>former are the rotated dimensions.
>

> Good catch Aaron, I'll update it.

While we are at it: Could we "broaden" the cursor update upon a RandR
(rotation) change even further and cause/force a reload of the (hw)
cursor image? Reason being that the cursor image will have to change,
too, if the screen is rotated. Won't do anything for current CVS, but I
think that issue may come up when driver actually support rotation,
including rotating the hwcursor (as the current development sis driver
already does - and I am currently fiddling with a quick and smart way to
actually force an update).

Thomas

- --
Thomas Winischhofer