coLinux fbdev pcidata scanpci

David Lawler djlawler at aol.com
Mon Oct 3 10:19:29 PDT 2005

Is it possible to build a version of the full xorg server that does not probe
the pci bus for information?  Currently, coLinux is at the point where it has a
little support for a frame buffer.  I have been able to build versions of the
old Kdrive server that work (mostly) with the new features.  Unfortunately, I
can't get the full 6.8.2 X server to work at all...it fails when it loads the
pcidata module (and probably would fail at scanpci as well).  coLinux does not
emulate the pci bus (as far as I know).  I am not a coLinux developer and do
not know my way around /xc too well either - but a hint as to whether it is
possible either through build options or xorg.conf would be nice.

Thanks!