ACPI integration

Michael Olbrich michael-olbrich at web.de
Mon Oct 3 07:35:28 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 10:31:43AM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> ACPID needs to be running before the Xserver starts.
>
> The Xserver will try to open /var/run/acpid.socket which is what acpid
> provides when it's started. If the Xserver can't open it, then it will
> open /proc/acpi/events directly which causes acpid to fail.

Since which version of xorg is ACPI supported. I only get:

(II) No APM support in BIOS or kernel

Nothing about acpi. I'm using the latest debian experimental packages
(6.8.99.900.dfsg.1-0pre1 20050908165919)
So what's the problem?
- missing config option (I found nothing in the man pages)
- version is too old
- problem with the packages (not compiled in?)

michael